The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit business organization dedicated to the promotion and support of its members and improvement of the overall business environment in Gallia County. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Applicants should be organized, energetic, understand the needs of the Gallia County business environment and be willing to take a leadership role in the community.
The Executive Director is responsible for the full range of Chamber activities, including:
- Oversees the planning and coordination of events.
- Provides support to Chamber members.
- Analyzes current Chamber offerings and proposes changes, if needed, to benefit members.
- Responsible for the direction of staff and volunteers.
- Manages the fiscal resources of the organization.
- Represents the Chamber at local, regional, state and federal meetings and serves on committees beneficial to the membership.
- Serves as primary PR contact for media, in conjunction with the President, and coordinates media releases and promotion of Chamber events.
- Updates organization’s websites and assists with the creation of a variety of materials for distribution to the membership.
- Intermediate computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, ChamberMaster or other member management software, Sage Accounting Software and Constant Contact.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Budget management skills, including preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Prior event planning experience.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications or related field of study or equivalent experience.